Good morning (or whatever part of the day it is that you’re reading this)!
I had an e-mail towards the end of last week and decided to share some awesome news. A distributor has reached out to me to offer me the opportunity of jumping on the “toys to life” craze. And, I must admit, Skylanders has never really taken me. Disney Infinity was tempting but the different versions etc. seems confusing for the consumer and when I heard of Dimensions, I was keen for me personally as I love Lego and the possibilities that it may offer really captured my imagination (tie that in with the announcement of Lego releasing a game akin to Minecraft and it’s a case of ‘mind = blown’).
Below are details taken from the Lego Dimensions fact sheet that I have been supplied and I will be looking to add the various sets to the store very soon. In the meantime, check out the deets below!
||29th September, 2015
||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
||Toys to Life, Action-Adventure
||Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 4, PlayStation®3, Wii™U
||Starter Pack £89.99 – £99.99
Level Pack £29.99
Team Pack £29.99
Fun Pack £14.99
The Product Experience:
What is LEGO® Dimensions?
When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO® worlds, different characters from DC Comics™, The Lord of the Rings™ and The LEGO® Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman™, Gandalf™ and Wyldstyle™ bravely jump into the vortex and quickly find themselves fighting to save all of LEGO® humanity.
Let creativity be the guide to a building and gaming adventure – journey through unexpected worlds and team-up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with different minifigures from different worlds together in one LEGO videogame, and use each other’s vehicles and gadgets in a way never before possible. LEGO® Bad Cop™ driving the DeLorean Time Machine…why not?! The LEGO® Ninjago™ Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman™…yes, please! Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules.
The LEGO® Dimensions Starter Pack is all players need to begin – build the base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the LEGO® Dimensions Starter Pack:
- LEGO® Dimensions videogame
- LEGO® Toy Pad
- Bricks to build the LEGO® Gateway
- 3 LEGO® minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle)
- LEGO® Batmobile vehicle
Build the minifigure heroes and fire-up the game to start the experience, then follow the in-game build instructions to assemble the loose bricks into the LEGO® Gateway, and place the structure on the LEGO® Toy Pad. Expand the adventure by collecting more minifigures, vehicles, gadgets, and new levels with the purchase of three different types of expansion packs. Use whatever minifigure with whichever vehicle or gadget – go ahead… break the rules!
Level Pack: Want more to explore? Expand the gaming experience with a level pack which contains a whole new mission-based game level, along with a minifigure, a vehicle and a gadget to build and use in-game.
Team Pack: Want the biggest collection? Get a dynamic pair of minifigures and a vehicle or gadget for each, all with their own unique in-game abilities.
Fun Pack: Want the best variety? Extra fun comes in each pack containing one minifigure and a vehicle or gadget.
- An Extreme Cross-Over. For the first time in any LEGO® videogame, characters from a mix of some of the best brands in the universe join forces and battle in worlds outside of their own. A Dark Knight, a Wizard, and a LEGO® Master Builder travelling together down the Yellow Brick Road is just the beginning…
- Keep Expanding. By purchasing additional expansion packs, players can grow their collection with a variety of their favourite brands to create even more crazy combinations.
- More is Better. Bring up to seven minifigures, vehicles and/or gadgets into the game all at once by dropping them on the LEGO® Toy Pad for the most exciting and action-filled game around.
- Play Alone or with a Friend. Players can let imagination guide their solo journey or have a friend join the adventure with co-operative, drop-in/drop-out play.
- The Starter Pack Will Last. The LEGO® Toy Pad and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer continued compatibility with future Expansion Packs for years to come. Like any LEGO building set, LEGO Dimensions is a system of play that offers continued compatibility – everything bought today or expanded with tomorrow will continue to work.
There is an ancient planet at the centre of the LEGO® Multiverse inhabited by an evil mastermind, Lord Vortech. It is said that he who controls the Foundational Elements that this planet is built upon, controls all of the Multiverse. Lord Vortech has vowed to be that ruler, summoning characters from a variety of LEGO worlds to help him find these building bricks of LEGO® civilization. Some have agreed. Others have rebelled. And only the combined powers of the greatest LEGO® heroes can stop him.
When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, different characters from DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings™ and The LEGO® Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle bravely jump into the vortex. As they journey to locations beyond their wildest imaginations in search of their friends, they soon realize that Lord Vortech is summoning villains from across different LEGO® worlds to help him gain control. As his power grows, worlds mix, unexpected characters meet and all boundaries are broken. Our heroes must travel through space and time to rescue their friends before the vortexes destroy all of LEGO® humanity.
- DC Comics™
- The Lord of the Rings™
- The LEGO® Movie
- LEGO® Ninjago™
- Back to the Future™
- The Wizard of Oz™
- And more still to be announced…
2015 Expansion Packs
- Marty McFly (Back to the Future)
- Kai & Cole (LEGO Ninjago)
- Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
- Cyborg (DC Comics)
- Gollum (The Lord of the Rings)
- Gimli (The Lord of the Rings)
- Legolas (The Lord of the Rings)
- Emmet (The LEGO Movie)
- Bad Cop (The LEGO Movie)
- Benny (The LEGO Movie)
- Unikitty (The LEGO Movie)
- Wicked Witch (The Wizard of Oz)
- Jay (LEGO Ninjago)
- Nya (LEGO Ninjago)
- Zane (LEGO Ninjago)
More Level, Team and Fun packs to be announced prior to launch.
LEGO DIMENSIONS Videogame software © 2015 TT Games Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. © 2015 The LEGO Group. Batman and all related characters, and elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2015. THE LEGO MOVIE © The LEGO Group & Warner Bros Entertainment Inc. © 2015 New Line Productions Inc. All The Lord of the Rings content other than content from the New Line films © 2015 The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises (“SZC”). The Lord of the Rings and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of SZC under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Back to the Future is a trademark and copyright of Universal Studios and U-Drive Joint Venture. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. THE WIZARD OF OZ and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Turner Entertainment Co. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved